Re: qemu with network

Juraj Fedel wrote:
I am having troubles with useing tun/tap network with qemu.
If I start qemu as ordinary user it complains that it can not
connect to tun device. If I run it with 'sudo qemu' it create
tun0 network device and than I can connect to virtual system.
$ ls -l /dev/net/tun
crw-rw----  1 root root 10, 200 2005-07-12 14:09 /dev/net/tun
Should I change permisson or owner or what to make it usable as
non priviledged user?

Another question is how do I start second (or more) qemu
and make them apear as to be connected to the same tun0
device so two virtual computers can talk to each other?

Thanks
Juraj

if you would remove the /etc/qemu-ifup file, that would enable user-mode networking; however, it'll probably will not be easy to make a second qemu talk to the first on in the user-mode network setup

HTH,

Joris