Re: mountvirtfs

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 11:45:27AM +1100, Glenn Meehan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just did an apt-get upgrade and I got the following message:
>
> Configuration file `/etc/init.d/mountvirtfs'
>  ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
>  ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
>    What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
>     Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
>     N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
>       D     : show the differences between the versions
>       Z     : background this process to examine the situation
>  The default action is to keep your current version.
>
> I am running testing/unstable with a 2.6.8 kernel.
>
> Should I keep the original version or accept the package maintainers
> version?

Only you can know what is different between the two versions on your
machine.  Press D and then decide, or ask about specific changes if you
need help.  Sometimes the changes in a config file are just comment
lines or things that you (or a previous admin) chose to change.

--
Why can't you be a non-conformist like everyone else?