Corrupted ulogd pcap files - a logrotate issue?

Hello,

I am running ulogd 1.02-2 with the pcap plugin on a 2.6.12 kernel.
The problem is that on a rather regular basis, the pcap files seem to
become corrupted: A
 # tcpdump -r /var/log/ulog/ulogd.pcap
gives me only
 > tcpdump: bad dump file format
If I stop ulogd, remove the offending file and restart it, it works OK
- for about the rest of the day. This makes me wonder whether maybe
logrotate has a hand in this. My /etc/logrotate.d/ulogd looks like
this:
-------
/var/log/ulog/*.log {
    missingok
    sharedscripts
    postrotate
        /etc/init.d/ulogd reload
    endscript
}

/var/log/ulog/ulogd.pcap {
    weekly
    missingok
    prerotate
        /etc/init.d/ulogd stop
    endscript
    postrotate
        /etc/init.d/ulogd start
    endscript
}
-------

I am stopping ulogd before rotating the pcap files in the hopes that
this would remedy the problem - but that doesn't seem to be the case,
so maybe it's something completely different.

At this point, I am only dumping dropped packets, so the traffic
should not be that outlandishly high. The machine in question is
directly connected to the Internet and to a tiny LAN, but all in all,
it is leading a comparatively quiet life.

Has anybody experienced these issues before, and does anyone know what
to do about them? Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Juergen