Re: Help with Linux selection please?
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Arafangion wrote:
> Personally, I feel that if one says that they are willing to _pay_, the test
> should not recommend Debian, but rather the commercial distributions, that
> bundle "nice stuff" out of the box.
the folks willing to pay real $$$ will usually dictate what the want and
why .. it doesn't matter whether you/we agree with their choices or not
or the way they run their distros, network, security, backups, etc, etc...
you can't change their mind, more like i can't usually change their minds
unless they're solicting (professional) opinions of what to do
- it's a lot easier to change things when the "shit hit the fan"
and now understand the avoidable problems
- they usually have some newbie or windoze folks runing the shop for them
and we have to be more professional in "appearance/words" to make a
- suse and redhat is the 2 worst possible distro, but people still pay
real big $$$ for it... and its good for job security
- "nice commercial bundles" does not always solve the customers
with $$$ because they usually have specific problems they need
- if they have the time and $$$ and realistic ideas of how to
accomplish their goals, they get what they want ...