Re: Does famd interferes with PostgreSQL?

Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if famd (the file alteration monitor, which is
installed standard (?) by Debian Sarge) interfere with PostgreSQL?
I am having major problems with the performance of PostgreSQL on my
machine...

Since it updated recently, I have noticed famd consuming more CPU Time than I would expect it to from past experience. Its resulting in quite a performance hit.

Joost, did your performance problems occur very recently, perhaps since famd updated? Has anyone else noticed this?

PS) I require famd in order to support courier-imap. IMAP sessions are measured at normal levels.

Andy