Re: Why display the entire window contents when moving it?

On 12/20/05, Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:26:56AM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> > When dragging a window around, why isn't only the border displayed
> > during movement, instead of all the details. The current behaviour
> > punishes CPU power and therefore some ugly, trailing stuff (try it).
>
> Yes, it does on low-power machines. From an xlib-programming POV, it's
> *much* easier to do full window dragging than the alternative, though.

I don't get it. Thing is it's not too clear to me at what point to me
does the GTK take over from X. At least you pointed out that it's X's
responsibility.

Is there a pointer? Thanks for the response...

Have this issue been addressed before anyways, or is everybody okay
with it. Am I alone :-(

...malebo