Chinook wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

Chinook wrote:

[snippy]

I wrote the article:
http://homepage.mac.com/lee_cullens/Bx3.htm

Hmm, browser couldn't find that URL...

[more snippy]

One possibility (and one I recommend, actually) is to get LiveCDs and
run off them for a while. That way, you can try out some stuff and
see what you like. Try http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php

With MS's weekly so-called security updates and other issues, I decided to put my time to better use and just expunge XP. OT: The last time I took the PC in for servicing they wanted to run software to "detect" malware/etc. I told them the only malicious software on the PC was W<snip>

Umm, the LiveCD link page I suggested is links to CDs from which you can
run various Linux distros without having to install. Knoppix and Kanotix
are both Debian based, for example.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.