Re: apt-get source picks the wrong repository

Hi

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:43, Daniel Webb wrote:
> I've been using Debian for 5 years, so I thought I understood how package
> priorities work, but apparently I don't.  Why is it pulling the packages
> from unstable instead of stable?
>
> $ apt-get source -b fakeroot

If you have deb-src lines pointing at stable and unstable apt-get source
will get the latest (ie, unstable) version.  Use apt-get source
<pkg>=<version> to get other versions.

From the apt-get manpage

       source source causes apt-get to fetch source packages. APT  will
              examine  the  available  packages  to decide which source
              package to fetch. It will then find and download into the
              current  directory  the  newest available version of that
              source package. Source packages  are  tracked  separately
              from  binary  packages  via  deb-src  type  lines  in the
              sources.list(5) file. This probably will  mean  that  you
              will  not get the same source as the package you have in-
              stalled or as you could install. If the --compile options
              is specified then the package will be compiled to a bina-
              ry .deb using dpkg-buildpackage,  if  --download-only  is
              specified then the source package will not be unpacked.

              A  specific source version can be retrieved by postfixing
              the source name with an equals and then  the  version  to
              fetch,  similar  to  the  mechanism  used for the package
              files. This enables exact matching of the source  package
              name  and  version, implicitly enabling the APT::Get::On-
              ly-Source option.

HTH
Andrew