Re: apt-get source picks the wrong repository

I can't believe that it would be a problem, as I imagine your /etc/apt/preferences would cause an error, but do you have a "stable" line in your /etc/apt/sources.list?

all i can say is that's weird

Daniel Webb wrote:
I've been using Debian for 5 years, so I thought I understood how package
priorities work, but apparently I don't.  Why is it pulling the packages from
unstable instead of stable?

$ apt-get source -b fakeroot
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Need to get 981kB of source archives.
Get:1 http://ftp3.nrc.ca unstable/main fakeroot 1.5.6 (dsc) [707B]
Get:2 http://ftp3.nrc.ca unstable/main fakeroot 1.5.6 (tar) [980kB]
<snip>

-----
/etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 1001

-----
/etc/apt/apt.conf:

APT
{
  Default-Release "stable";
  Cache-Limit 12582912;
  // Options for apt-get
  Get
  {
     Purge;
     Download-Only "false";
  };

};

// Options for the downloading routines
Acquire
{
  Retries "0";
};

// Things that effect the APT dselect method
DSelect
{
  Clean "auto";   // always|auto|prompt|never
};

DPkg
{
  // Probably don't want to use force-downgrade..
  Options {"--force-overwrite";}
}