Re: Eth0

Ed Paris wrote:

Hi There,

When I installed Debian on one computer in our network I got a note at the end of the installation that if I needed to revisit any settings that I should run the base-config program. Well, I need to change the Eth0 net address on this system. I had directly assigned the number during install. I have found a directory called /usr/lib/base-config/menu but I am not sure which program to start to reset the Eth0 IP address. I have tried all of them that would start and did find the one naming the computer but nothing on changing the IP address. Any help you can give me will be appreciated as I really don’t want to have to reinstall Debian to make this change. Thanks.

Take care,

Ed

Open /etc/network/interfaces with an editor (as root) and change the IP address.
Th