Re: How to send mail from Mutt?

Thomas H. George wrote on Dec, 17:
> In Mozilla mail preferences I have set use "outgoing.verizon.net" for
> outgoing SMTP but I found nothing regarding such a setting in muttrc.  Or
> perhaps, if it is there, I don't understand the entry.   Could this be the
> problem or should I look elsewhere?

mutt doesn't "speak" SMTP. It simply pipes the messages to a so-called Message
Transport Agent (MTA) which, in a vanilla Debian installation, should be
exim4, if I'm not mistaken. The MTA will then send your mail to
"outgoing.verizon.net", the so-called smarthost. Quite likely it'll be already
installed in your machine. If you're unsure about how to configure it, I can
send you some notes I jotted down when I had to learn how to do it.

> I used to be able to send mail from Mutt but I got a new email address and
> it no longer works.

Perhaps your MTA is already configured to your former email provider, and
you'll just need to reconfigure it:

dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

I hope this is what you were looking for
Paulo