KDE font size problem after nvidia driver upgrade

I'm running Sid with 2.6.14.  Nvidia-glx was upgrade to 8174 in Sid recently.
I built and installed the corresponding driver using module-assistant, and
now all of the fonts and (I think) KDE/Qt GUI elements are about 20% larger
than they used to be, even though the point size is still the same.  I
thought at first I had inadvertently reduced the resolution from 1024x768 to
800x600, but that is not the case - I still am at 1024x768.  If I use the nv
driver instead of the nvidia driver with no other changes to the xorg conf,
the problem goes away.  Non-KDE apps don't seem to be affected.  I have done
some googling and there seems to be an issue with KDE determining dpi from
the X configuration, but I haven't been able to understand it well enough to
get the problem fixed.  Any hints would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
--
David Bruce