installation time for a Debian distribution

With a speed of between 1.0 and 1.5 mbs on DSL, how long would it take to
install a Debian distribution onto a computer with a 3.2GHZ Pentium 4
Prescott (800 FSB), and ASUS P4P800e Deluxe motherboard?

I would have a 250 GB Seagate hard drive.  I was thinking of either sarge
or etch, especially etch since I understand that the beta installer would
have the 2.6.12 kernel.

Thank you for your speculation!

I am subscribed to the digest, but CC's are fine!