kernel 2.6.14-5

Hi, yesterday I installed the linux-image-2.6.15-5-386 and had some problems.
The computer is a old box with a PC-Chips M598LMRT motherboard, a AMD K6
400Mhz CPU, 96 MB of RAM, and using the onboard vga card.

The problems are:

- no fb console: I'm using vga=773 in the kernel command. I had this problem
before with previous 2.6.14-x iterations, but I thought that it was solved.
It seems not, ins't it?

- HD not found: After switching to vga=normal, I saw that the new kernel does
not boot because it can't find my HD. I get this message:

/bin/cat: /sys/block/hda/dev: No such file or directory.

a few times and then

Device /sys/block/hda/dev seems to be down.

But the HD is ok, the other installed kernel (2.6.12) boots without problems.
Finally a shell prompt opens, where I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance for any hint,
Och

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar