Re: Xorg leaking

Micha Feigin wrote:
on Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 01:09:55PM -0800, Bill Moseley (moseley@hank.org) wrote:

Anyone else experiencing leaks in Xorg?

I have a root window image that updates ever five minutes.  I thought
I saw somewhere were that might be the leak, but I couldn't see it
leak by updating my root window.

For me it has always been process related. X seems to develop some insane
memory leak and then when I close the offending process things are ok again.
Can't recall now what where suspect culprits (I think it was something either
web/flash related or dri).

Try closing programs when that happens and see after each one if things go back
to normal.

I have had problems with a javavm eating up memory.  It seems to be
getting started by firefox and then memory and swap just disappear as
the system slows to a near halt.  The last time I killed the javavm, it
took out firefox with it.  It freed up about 10MB of real memory and
about 240MB of swap.  The system immediately started to respond normally
after that.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com