Re: apt broken dependencies

On 12/14/05, Viliam Kocinsky <kocinsky@madalbal.sk> wrote:
> Hi,
> i have upgraded my instalation of debian stable to testing. My
> repository list looks like this:
>
> t# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb ftp://ftp.sk.debian.org/debian/ stable main
> deb ftp://ftp.cz.debian.org/debian/ stable main
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
> deb ftp://ftp.sk.debian.org/debian/ testing main
> deb ftp://ftp.cz.debian.org/debian/ testing main
> deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main
> deb http://www.backports.org/pending/openoffice.org/ ./
> deb http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/debian/ stable non-free

Is there a reason you're mixing stable and testing?  If you're really
intending to upgrade to testing, you should comment out the sources
for stable.

> Now i have problem with broken dependencies. When i try to run:
>
> t# apt-get install k3b
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

What else did you do other than changing your sources list?  Did you
run an update and a dist-upgrade?

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh