building modules using kernel-headers-* package

  Hi,

  Is it possible in Sarge to build a kernel module, not shipped with the
kernel itself, having only kernel-headers-* package installed?

  When I try to build modules, whether with module-assistant or with
"make-kpkg modules_image" it fails because there are no files in
/usr/src/kernel-headers-${MY_KERNEL_VERSION}/scripts. It complains on
file not found: scripts/gcc-version.sh and scripts/Makefile.build

  I use kernels compiled by my own with "make-kpkg build-package" so it
creates kernel-headers-*.deb and kernel-source-*.deb, but if I want to
recompile some module (nvidia) later, I have to use kernel-source with
the same configuration and building options. kernel-headers doesn't help
me. It could be problem with my kernel-headers-* packages, but
kernel-headers-2.6.8-2-686 from the sarge doesn't contains these files
either.

  Any suggestions are appreciated.

  Best wishes

--
Alexei Chetroi

Smile... Tomorrow will be worse. (c) Murphy's Law