Re: RAR under linux: any alternative?

On 17:32, Sun 11 Dec 05, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 17:59 -0600, Gnu-Raiz wrote:
> --snip--
> > will probably laugh at you. How else are you going to get a
> > uniform file size of say 15mb each in your sample if you
> > don't use rar?
>
> tar cz sample/ | split -db 15m - sample.tar.gz
>
> Would work just fine for me.
>
> Or, if you have to use something more windows friendly, zipsplit would
> do the trick as well.
>
> --
> Alex Malinovich
> Support Free Software, delete your Windows partition TODAY!
> Encrypted mail preferred. You can get my public key from any of the
> pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837

That's good I like it, infact I might have to try that! Then
I have to explain to them what tar is how to find a window's
client all that sort. Agreed, most competent people probably
won't have a problem with it. Other then where is the GUI to
tar. Trust me I have been asked some weird stuff.

Gnu_Raiz