Re: Firefox - Disabling Extensions w/o Running

On 12/11/05, Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> wrote:
[Debian/sarge;  firefox-1.0.4-2sarge5]

As some of you might know from an earlier posting, my 'firefox'
stopped working after updating some extensions.  Luckily I can still
use it by invoking it as "firefox -safe-mode" (thanks, Steve!).

How to regain the normal functionality?  Which is the "bad" extension?

I tried running with "firefox -g", but 'gdb' didn't show me anything
of use ...

My only other idea is to disable, one-by-one, my extensions until it
works again.  Since I obviously can't disable extensions from within
'firefox' (I never see its window!), I am wondering if anyone knows of
a way to disable specific extensions *external* to a running 'firefox'
process.

That's sort of the point of safe mode, isn't it?  You can uninstall extensions while in safe mode, and then try to start firefox.

Patrick