Re: Problem with wajig rpm2deb command

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Marc Wilson wrote:

> Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:11:20 -0800
> From: Marc Wilson <msw@cox.net>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Problem with wajig rpm2deb command
>
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 10:57:04PM +0200, Jim Holland wrote:
> > It successfully created a .deb package which installed fine.  However I
> > soon realised that that many of the files in the rpm (eg /usr/share/mc/*
> > for example, as well as others) were missing from the .deb package.  Is
> > there any way round this problem other than going back to the tarball?  Or
> > is rpm2deb still somewhat experimental?
>
> You didn't just use alien because...?

I guess I did :-)  I just wanted to see if it would really work, and was
amazed to see that it almost did.  All part of the learning process of
getting used to what Debian has to offer (I saw that rpm2deb was one of
the wajig commands).

> Why don't you just use Unstable's package?  It shouldn't be that hard to
> build on Stable.

I will do that once I have got the hang of how to specify that mc should
be updated from unstable while everything else is updated from stable.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service