Fwd: basic questions

Hi ,
"testing", 2.6.

1. When I'm trying to add printer with the KDE add printer wizard it
won't let me finish the setting , it asks me for identication (with
wallet ) and won't recognize my user or root password . Any idea ?
(I'm starting to be frustrated , why is a simple "add printer"action
is so complicated ...?)

2. Should I be able to see files in the Swap partition ? How do I know
that it is properly working ?
In KDE browser it tells me that swap is not mounted (although in
/etc/fstab it is ), also during boot up I get "mounting local file
system ...Fail"

3. Does upgrading packages should upgrade also KDE/Mozila etc. ?
   If not , how can I upgrade ?

Thanks,
Rafi