Re: exim4 using remote_smtp not smarthost

Rir,

R Ransbottom wrote on Dec,  9:
> I run configure-debian to set up my little mailserver
> and everything looks fine; but still may mail does not
> go to my smarthost.
[...]

I had to learn to do this recently:

1. Edit in /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf:

dc_eximconfig_configtype='smarthost'
dc_smarthost='<your-smarthost>'

2. Run:

update-exim4.conf
/etc/init.d/exim4 reload

3. Put your login info in /etc/exim4/passwd.client:

<your-smarthost-canonical-name>:<login-name>:<password>

Here you must use your smarthost's canonical name, which you can obtain,
for example, with:

dig <your-smarthost>

I'm taking the liberty of sending you privately a little man page with
all the info that I amassed while trying to learn how to configure
exim4.

I hope this solves your problem.
Paulo