Re: So what's the difference ...

On Wednesday,  7 December 2005 at  9:55:43 -0500, John wrote:
> ... between the fonts in /usr/lib/X11/fonts and those in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts? Does it matter which is specified in
> xorg.conf? (up-to-date sid, home-baked 2.6.14 kernel) No difference is
> apparent:

You might like to check what is _in_ the directories. But it makes no
difference.  You can equally well have fonts in /usr/share/fonts or in
your home directory.  Personally, I tidy away duplicate directories, and
simlink those that are elsewhere to /usr/share/fonts.  Bear in mind that
you may need to re-run update-fonts-dir and update-texmf etc. if you
mess around with font locations.

HTH

--
richard