XKB problem with x-terminal

Hi,

Is there a way to compile keyboard definitions for X and save them
somewhere, where XServer can read them, when it starts?

The reason I'm asking is that I set up a thinclient, i.e. an x-terminal
with just Xorg running on it. When X starts it gives the '(EE) Couldn't
load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap' -error and the keyboard
doesn't work properly.

It seems that when X starts it wants to compile the keyboard stuff on
the fly and feed it to the $DISPLAY.

The problem is that the xkb/rules are in the xlibs, which pulls all of
the xlibraries with it. To make things worse the, xkbcomp is in the
xbase-clients.

So, to be able to run x-terminal I would have to install all the
xlibraries and all the xclients into my terminal. For me this doesn't
seem very rational.

Any pointers highly appreciated.
Simo
--