Re: apt and hplip

> - How comes that pykota is not known to apt?
> pcm3080:~# apt-cache search pykota
> pcm3080:~#
>  regularly run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade..

PyKota is not known to apt because it isn't part of Debian.

You can purchase Debian packages for PyKota for a small fee on a yearly
subscription basis, or through Support Contracts from the author's
website (see http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/PyKota/Pricing)

Other people may also create Debian packages for PyKota and make them
available freely or upload them to Debian, but I think nobody did
recently.  Also if you purchase a subscription you can redistribute the
packages you'll download, but again I think nobody does...

In any case, the license is the GNU GPL. I just ask that if you
redistribute an Official PyKota package in a modified form, you don't
label it as being "Official".

bye

Jerome Alet