Re: installing a nic

At 03:10 PM 12/5/2005, Ryan Nowakowski wrote:
On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 09:07:44PM -0500, Marty Landman wrote:
> I've got Woody installed from the mini-iso and owing to problems with the
> old nic which never got recognized have swapped in a Linksys LNE100TX which
> will take the tulip driver iirc. How do I go about installing though?
>
> An ifconfig -a shows eth0 after I ran a modprobe tulip but it's not up and
> running. Pinging only works for localhost and netstat shows nothing in
> particular.

This is for Sarge but most of it should still be valid for Woody:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-gateway.en.html

Thanks Ryan this is very helpful and I'm getting somewhere.

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Webmaster's Bulletin Board: http://bbs.face2interface.com/
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal