ext3 & bad blocks error

Hi,

my power supply switched off suddenly last week while
I was doing some update of system files last week.
Since then, I am not able to boot the 2.6.13.4 kernel
(with udev support) anymore, more specifically, my
/home parition cannot be mounted and booting stops
with the message:

"fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to
open /dev/hda6: The superblock could not be read or
does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the
device is not valid and it really contains an ext2
filesystem, then the superblock is corrupt, and you
might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock.
fsck failed. Please repair manually."

No I have tried fsck -c /dev/hda6 but this device
cannot be found, although it is correctly in the
/proc/partitions:

major minor  #blocks  name

   3     0   39082680 hda
   3     1    6835626 hda1
   3     2          1 hda2
   3     5     771088 hda5
   3     6   31471303 hda6

After doing a manual mknod /dev/hda6 b 3 6 I can run
fsck, but the report does not show bad block or
missing inodes. Neither does the report for the /root
partition.

Mounting the /home from the linux 2.4.24.x kernel
(with static devfs) works flawless, as does the boot
from the live cd. Continuing booting with 2.6.13.4
times out after a while with some error messages on
init.d/rcS script not correct.

Does anyone see what is happening here ? Or, do I need
to reformat my whole harddisk ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Patrick