Re: Question: Maximum number of directories?

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 13:13 +0000, Dick Davies wrote:
> On 05/12/05, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 08:36 +1000, Gerorge Reece-Howe wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I wanted to make an application that would create many thousands of
> > > databases in MySQL.
> >
> > Speaking as a DBA, I think you probably need to redesign your
> > application.
>
> I think you misplet 'use a real db' :)

Misspelt

> (don't think mysql has schema/namespaces)

Well, using MySQL is naff to begin with, but that's a different
story.

My point is that any design that requires many thousands of data-
bases is fundamentally maldesigned.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and
cold fronts. Our main imports are baseball players and acid
rain."
Pierre Trudeau