Re: sendmail/vacation

Jim Holland wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, nx13441a wrote:
>

>>Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:30:22 +0000
>>From: nx13441a <nx13441a@net.vodafone.pt>
>>To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>>Subject: Re: sendmail/vacation
>>
>>nx13441a wrote:
>>

>>>I'm getting this:
>>>
>>>The original message was received at Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:15:18 GMT
>>>

>>>from [x.x.x.x]
>>

>>>  ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
>>>|"/usr/bin/vacation user"
>>>   (reason: 1)
>>>   (expanded from: <user@domain.com>)
>>>
>>>  ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>>>vacation: .vacation.db: Permission denied
>>>554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 1
>>>

>>>The user .vacation.db is chmod 777!
>>>
>>>why????
>>>

>>More info:
>>
>>The original message was received at Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:16:12 GMT
>>from [xx.xx.xx.xx]
>>
>>   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
>>"|/usr/lib/sm.bin/vacation.sendmail user"
>>    (reason: Service unavailable)
>>    (expanded from: user)
>>
>>   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>>smrsh: "vacation.sendmail" not available for sendmail programs (stat failed)
>>554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>>

>>Now i'm using in .forward:
>>\user, "|/usr/lib/sm.bin/vacation.sendmail user"
>>
>>I have a normal .vacation.msg
>>
>>And in my sendmail.mc is a line:
>>FEATURE('smrsh')dnl
>>
>>In /usr/lib/sm.bin is vacation.sendmail, mailq, etc.
>>

>Read "man smrsh" to see how to use smrsh.
>
>sendmail will strip the leading path of any executables and will look for
>them only in the default smrsh directory /etc/mail/smrsh (or wherever you
>define it in your sendmail.mc file with the confEBINDIR parameter).  You
>have to put vacation.sendmail in that directory for sendmail to find it.
>
>Permissions may be another issue.  I haven't tested this with Debian.  In
>Red Hat distros I found that the executables had to be given permissions
>of 755.  Anything less than that didn't work - very odd.
>
>Regards
>
>Jim Holland
>System Administrator
>MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service

I have in /etc/mail/smrsh/vacation -> /usr/bin/vacation
I also copy /usr/lib/sm.bin/vacation.sendmail to /etc/mail/smrsh/
Since vacation is another package, vacation is installed.
I change my .forward to use /etc/mail/smrsh/
I try this

\user, "|/etc/mail/smrsh/vacation.sendmail user"

and this

\user, "|/etc/mail/smrsh/vacation user"

But nothing happend only the mailstats change! No reply message. I test
using others mails accounts.
In mailstats i get:
M   msgsfr  bytes_from   msgsto    bytes_to  msgsrej msgsdis msgsqur  Mailer
 0        0          0K       48       1535K        0       0       0  prog

thanks