Split .mov to fit on a CD-R

Hello list,
I have three movies, all in the .mov format at approx. 1400Mb each. I wish to burn these out to a CD-R, meaning I need to split them, into 700Mb pieces.  Avidemux  was not able to open these since they are not .avi-format.

Is there a program wich splits .mov files I can use, available for Debian Sarge?
If not, I was thinking of making an archive (.tar, .rar, .zip, etc.) and split the archive into 700Mb pieces. Then again I have the same problem: Wich program available under Sarge can do this?

If none of these programs are available under sarge, are they available as testing/unstable distro's?

Distro: Debian Sarge
Kernel: 2.4.27-2-686 (stock-kernel)

Cheers, Vegard