Re: Why did Debian bundle exim instead of postfix or sendmail as the Default MTA?

TAC Forums wrote:
> Does anyone know why Debian bundled EXIM instead of Postfix or
> Sendmail as the default MTA?

    Because, IIRC, at the time Sendmail wasn't considered secure (security
audit still in process) & postfix too new.  Exim was a stable, well-known and
tested MTA.

    However the best answer is that you check the archives.  The choice was
made close to a decade ago so very few people reading D-U currently will have
participated in the discussion and fewer still are likely to remember it.