Re: vesa mode for MPlayer compile problem

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 10:36:04PM +0100, Dirk wrote:
> which package containes <vbe.h> ?
>
> MPlayer needs it for the vesa mode output...

Just grepped in the mplayer sources for a reference of "vbe.h", but
couldn't find anything -- so, not sure what exactly you need...

Normally, for the "true" VESA mode (running under LRMI (Linux real-mode
interface)) there's a library "vbelib" that comes with the mplayer
sources.  The respective header file is osdep/vbelib.h.  Maybe that's
what you need?

Which mplayer source version do you have?  Which of your source files
is referencing <vbe.h>?  What errors do you get, i.e. which symbols is
the compiler complaining about? -- that might help to figure out which
vbe.h/driver/library you need... (there's most likely more than one in
this world... :)

As a first approximation, I'd just try editing the respective file to
include something like "osdep/vbelib.h" instead (make sure the relative
path is correct, so it is found...).  That would seem to make more
sense to me (maybe it's just a typo in the sources you have).

HTH,
Almut