Re: PCMCIA USB cards under linux?

On Thursday 01 December 2005 13:29, Martin Fluch wrote:
> Hi!
>
> >From my search sofar the result doesn't look promissing. But is there
>
> any PCMCIA USB 2.0 card which works under Linux. My IBM T30 has only
> an USB 1.1 port and it would be nice to a USB 2.0 adapter to transfer
> faster data between my T30 and my iPod.
>
> Can anybody maybe proove my observation wrong? Maybe? ;-)
>
> With best wishes,
> - Martin

Hi Martin,

This thread would seem to indicate your search will not be in vain.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&postid=1756217#post1756217

However, note that if you're looking for a manufacturer to expressly state
they are Linux compatible, you're a few years too early.  Still, with the
return policy clarified beforehand, you should be able to get something
that will work.

Also, check pricewatch.com for a list of cards.  There's quite a lot to
choose from, and though I didn't look at all of the cards, of the ones I
did, none of them said Linux compatible.  It doesn't mean they aren't, just
that it isn't guaranteed.

Good luck,
Justin