Re: update-grub on aptitude install of new linux image...

Hello *,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 08:52:37PM -0600, Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas wrote:
> I'm wondering how to make update-grub automatically when ever a new
> linux image gets installed, whether from debian stock or generated
> through make-kpkg.  Might be just editing a config file or something?

/etc/kernel-img.conf is the one you want.

If you have the kernel-package package installed you'll find further
information in "man kernel-img.conf" and a sample configuration in
/usr/share/doc/kernel-package/examples/sample.kernel-img.conf

I personally use
| do_symlinks = no
| postinst_hook = /sbin/update-grub
| postrm_hook = /sbin/update-grub