Re: screen blanking

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 07:14:07AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi,

On both my monitors the screen blanks when you do not use it for a time.

Anybody has an idea who is in charge of this? I don't have a screen saver. Just plain XFree86 under Sarge with the Nvidia closed source driver.

I would like to disable it in some cases.

I forget exactly how it is changed, but need to change your XDPMS
settings.

Thanks Roberto.

Xset did not define the dpms states, this does:
http://webpages.charter.net/dperr/dpms.htm

Also you have to set the option in the monitor section, per googling for dpms subject.

However, doing all that, I got it to work once, thereafter no more. No matter what I do after 10 minutes the screen blanks.