Re: Off Site Backup: Removable hard-drive racks or external USB hard-drives?

Rogério Brito wrote:

This (an external PATA drive in a dual USB2/Firewire enclosure) is the
solution that I have been using for quite some time now.

In fact, I'm only using the Firewire side of it and it works quite well
for all my needs.

Great, ill go for external USB/Firewire disks then. It certainly seems simpler than SATA disks in a hotswap bay at this point.

Q) Is hot-plug supported for external hard disks connected through a
USB2 or firewire interface?

Yes, at least for Firewire and USB 1.1.

Great!

Hope this helps, Rogério Brito.