Re: modprobe for module at boot time?

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 4:17 pm, Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> I am running a Debian derivative system. I would like
> the system to insert a module at boot time. So, how
> do I indicate it (which file /etc should contain the
> directive)?
>
> -ishwar

The really easy way!

install modconf (aptitude install modconf AS root)

run modconf

locate and select the module you want to load

if it's already loaded it will ask you if you want to unload... say yes then
procede to next step

if not already loaded it will ask if you want to load it... say yes

it will ask you for command line arguments... enter any necessary

select ok and it will load it immediately and on subsequent reboots

Good Luck,

Joe