Re: scripting problem
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: scripting problem
- From: John Smith <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:05:43 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
learned a lot from this thread, especially from Almut's reaction!
What I tried to do is copy the encrypted password from /etc/shadow
to newly installed system and kept running into trouble because of the
$'s in the string.
Finally I thought about
usermod -p 'encrypted password' username
which solved the issue. (shame)