Re: [HDD problem] Strange remount read-only

belbo wrote:

Hi guys,

I've got this problem 4-5 times a day. My kernel 2.6 sends this message about an
ext3 partition (of 60GB):

journal_bmap: journal block not found at offset 5132 on hdb5
Aborting journal on device hdb5.
__journal_remove_journal_head: freeing b_committed_data
journal commit I/O error
ext3_abort called.
EXT3-fs error (device hdb5): ext3_journal_start_sb: Detected aborted journal
Remounting filesystem read-only

If I umount the partition, do e2fsck -y /dev/hdb5 and remount, partition works
fine for 2-3 hours, and then it happens again.
I think it is only a software problem, what can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks and bye

Looks like hw failure to me (badblocks?).