Re: promise supertrak sx6000 crashes XFree86

Did you try the card on another pci slot ? It seens a IRQ conflict.

Eduardo
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 03:40:14 +0100
pascal <pascal@deception.nl> wrote:

Yes , I did.
Several pci-slots. My thoughts where the same.
Should be some irq sharing error, but when you swap the card to another pci-slot it should use another irq. But the problem persists.

Maybe some I/O error, or memory adress error. But I don't know how to check this.

Thx.

Hello,

Yesterday, I bought myself a hardware raid card. The promise supertrak
sx6000.
Inserted it in my intel 815e board. Booted up in kernel 2.6.14-2-686.

Problem:
With the card inserted in the pci-slot,  Xfree86 fails to start.
Claiming it can't find my vga-card.  After removing the adapter card,
everything works fine.

I already tried to insert the module provided by the kernel for promise
cards.
Module: pdc202xx.old

Only I have no idea if this is a module which should work, for this
card. Obviously it doesn't, since the problems are persistand.

Is there anyone who can help me overcome this problem? Or do I need to
buy something else?

Thx in advance.