Transfer Package Selections with "dpkg --set-selections"

Hello List,

I have a question about the use of dpkg to transfer package selections from one system to another, as described in the Debian Package Management FAQ [1]. I wonder if someone could help me please?

The FAQ shows how to use dpkg to dump a list of selections to file, and then how to feed them back in to dpkg. This is fine.

It then shows how to use apt-get to install the selected packages. But since the upgrade to Sarge I have become accustomed to using aptitude in place of apt-get [2].

Q) Should I somehow use aptitude in place "apt-get -u dselect-upgrade"?
Q) If so, how?
Q) If not, then having used apt-get, how will the system handle the future use of aptitude?

Thanks for your help, Andy

[1]http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/quick-reference/ch-package.en.html#s-record

[2]I particularly like how it distinguishes between packages I asked to install, and those pulled down as dependencies.