sound and automount problems gnome sarge for certain users

Hi,

I just installed Gnome and Debian Sarge on an Pentium
IV 1.5 ghz computer.  I'm having a problem because the
initial account setup during the installation
automounting CD's or DVD's is automatic and sound is
fine.

However, when I added another account that user cannot
automount files... they must be mounted manually in
gnome.  Also when trying to adjust volume it claims
that sound is not detected as this user, but works
fine in the initial account.

I opened permission in /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer and I
still get the message...

Can anyone help me with this... It seems like a
permission problem but if you have any thoughts and/or
suggestions I'd be glad to hear... Thank you in
advance

Cheers,

John