ssl connection problem

Hi,
I am trying to connect to the ftp server using SSL running on linux from windows using cuteftp but although it logs in properly, cuteftp displays an error after some time. I installed ftpd-ssl in debian. Thanks for any info:
230 User axr0284 logged in.

STATUS:> Login successful.

COMMAND:> PWD

257 "/" is current directory.

STATUS:> Home directory: /

COMMAND:> FEAT

500 'FEAT': command not understood.

STATUS:> This site doesn't support the 'features' command.

COMMAND:> REST 100

350 Restarting at 100. Send STORE or RETRIEVE to initiate transfer.

STATUS:> This site can resume broken downloads.

COMMAND:> TYPE A

200 Type set to A.

COMMAND:> PROT P

500 'PROT P': command not understood.

COMMAND:> PASV

227 Entering Passive Mode (129,21,147,222,6,135)

COMMAND:> LIST

STATUS:> Connecting ftp data socket 129.21.147.222:1671...

STATUS:> Connected. Exchanging encryption keys...

ERROR:> SSL: Error in negotiating SSL connection. The server could be rejecting your certificate.

ERROR:> Failed to establish data socket.