Re: Login Problem

Joseph Haig wrote:

How did you change your username?

I used the gui, for adding users and groups, there i editted xyz to abc

 My first guess is that when you log
in as abc it is looking for a home directory /home/abc and, not being
able to find it, ends the session immediately.  Gnome (or maybe gdm or
xdm) is set to bring up a warning if there are unusually short
sessions.

Yes, it did give me a warning that , the directory /home/abc doesn't exit. Then I did add it by going to the virtual console. And just for the sake of information, I can log in thru the virtual consoleusing abc.