Software RAID 1 with SATA on Debian Sarge and IBM eSeries 206

Hi,

We have been trying to install Debian Sarge 3 on a IBM eSeries 206
server with 2 SATA drives, but failed to do so.

We managed to setup the software RAID 1 as per the instructions on the
link below.

http://nepotismia.com/debian/raidinstall/

However, we noticed while installing the boot loader "GRUB" in the mbr
of the disk the system takes very very long time.

Is this normal ?

Is there something I need to take care while installing GRUB in mbr ?
There is no other O/S on the system.

Some suggestions / hints / tips would really be appreciated.

--
TAC Support Team