dependency handling of mixed system using aptitude

Hello,

I am keeping a stable/testing mixed system using pinning with
aptitude.  My /etc/apt/preferences file looks like this:

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 600

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 500

This works great installing all stable packages, but using testing
packages when stable doesn't exist.

But now I want to always keep testing sources for spamassassin and clamav.

I thought I should be able to do something like this:

Package: spamassassin
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 700

Package: clamav
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 700

But that doesn't work because the dependencies are still tied to
stable.  Is there a way to get aptitude to install a dependency from
testing if the version requirement is not met by stable?

The only way I could get it work was to add:

Package: libc6
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 700

Package: libc6-dev
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 700

... and on and on until all dependency requirements are met.

This seems like a messy solution and now libclamav1 requires libcurl3
from testing.  I don't want to have to chase down the dependencies
every time there is a change.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.  How are other people maintaining
their mixed systems?

--
Take care, eh.
Chris