grokking exim4 and slowing spammers with iptables -m recent

Hi folks.

I've been using Exim since I started doing e-mail on my
Debian box many years ago.  But I never was able to really
get into its configs- the docs are kind of hard to grok for
me.  And the exim4 configs really make my brain hurt... I
can't tell where the settings are without doing a 'grep ptn
/etc/default/exim* /etc/exim4.config $(find /etc/exim4/.
-type f)' and event then I have trouble.  Thank goodness
the dpkg reconfigure does a good job.

Anyhow, I've had a domain for a decade where my hosting svc
used to forward *all* e-mail to me, and spammers made up
usernames and passed them around.  Ultimately the load
became too heavy for his servers and he wasn't inclined to
fix the config, so I pointed the MX to my DSL line and took
it inhouse- Exim handles it very well.

Getting to the point, I now have tons of "Unroutable
address" logs like this in my /var/log/exim4/mainlog...

2005-11-22 12:34:53 H=adsl-63-195-120-242.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (thesitefights.com) [63.195.120.242] F=<connie.cisneros_qx@adelphia.com> rejected RCPT <middleton@of.net>: Unrouteable address

What I'd love to do is trigger an action in those cases-
something like ..

  echo 63.195.120.242 \
    > /proc/net/ipt_recent/smtp_penalty_box

...which would trigger something like...

  iptables -A INPUT \
    -m recent --name smtp_penalty_box --rcheck --seconds 60 \
    -j DROP

...and effectively block that sender for a minute.

Yes, I know about tarpit, and it's cool, but I don't really
want to do a complete tarpit in these circumstances (it could
trigger in legit cases too)- I want to slow down senders who
are using logs of made-up addresses.

So my question is...  Can you tell me or point me toward where
I would put my "echo to the penalty box" in the Exim4 configs?

Best Regards,

Tony