Re: make an updates CD?

[This message has also been posted to linux.debian.user.]
In article <5bKrS-6Qh-25@gated-at.bofh.it>, Hodgins Family wrote:
> Good morning:
>
> Follow this link http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=7455&page=1
>
>> My friend has installed a sarge workstation from
>> the 14 CDs.  With limited dial-up access he can't
>> upgrade it.  I would like to make a "disk 15"
>> for him from the contents of my /var/cache/apt/archives.
>> Is there a script to gather a set of .deb files
>> and produce an .iso which apt-cdrom would recognize?
>> Do I have to go all the way through debian-cd
>> and set up a local Debian mirror to make one
>> supplement disk?
>
> This isn't EXACTLY what you are looking for but it could give you some
> ideas. This is an Ubuntu page, I now, but the commands shouldn't be so very
> different from Debian (if at all!)

showthread.php?t=7455 gives me some people wondering the
same thing, and generating a Packages file, and creating
a depository *directory*.  (There's also some stuff about
Synaptic, whatever that is.)  That's neater than just
copying all the deb files from my apt/archives to his,
but it still doesn't get me something I could put on
an isofs so that apt-cdrom would understand it.
"Make a CD which apt-cdrom will accept" is the part
I still haven't found.
Thanks.

Cameron