/dev/hdc lost

Hello, all,

I couldn't mount my DVD-drive today and found its device, /dev/hdc, simply disappeared. The computer has been running for a while and hadn't such problem before.

The computer has two SCSI harddisk, one holds SuSe OS, the other one holds Debian.
It has also one SCSI CD-ROM and one IDE DVD-rewriter.

From the file /var/log/messages, I could see that the DVE-rewriter was
recognised and assigned as hdc.

I can mount my DVD after I manually created a node for it using "mknod". However, the node I manually created disappears again after the reboot.

Has anyone idea to solve this problem permantly?

Thanks in advance!

Maron

与联机的朋友进行交流,请使用 MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com/cn