Re: No .deb for sun-j2re1.5 ava2-runtime

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:54:06AM +0100, pascal wrote:
} Hello.
}
} When I was trying to install Azureus apt returned me an error it needed
} these virtual packages.
}
} sun-j2re1.5
} java2-runtime
}
} >From which no .deb packages exist.
}
} Where or how can I get these .deb packages?

Sun's Java is not redistributable. This is annoying. The workaround for
Debian is to use java-package, which will take a .bin file you've
downloaded from Sun (or IBM for PPC) and convert it into an installable
.deb file. apt-cache show java-package for more information.

--Greg